NC TEA Townhall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new perspective: Here's what the speakers saw addressing the crowd!
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 3)
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 2)
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:54 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 1)
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am by Damocles

» NC Joblessness fell to 11 percent from 11.1 percent in May
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm by Thunder

» Military refuses to fight for illegal President, case wins in court - orders to deploy revoked!
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:17 pm by Thunder

» Critical Numbers in the Health Care Debate
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 am by Damocles

» Organizational Chart of the House Democrat's Health Plan
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm by lyniebell

» ALERT! Need to support 4 amendments to DHS funding bill
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am by lyniebell

» The National Debt Road Trip
What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am by lyniebell

Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

What better place to start than with the numbers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

What better place to start than with the numbers? Empty
PostSubject: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 am

The Costs of Illegal Immigration to North Carolinians

Did you say, "$1.3 Billion annually"?
Read the report here:

http://www.fairus.org/site/News2/1003756047?page=NewsArticle&id=19723&security=1601&news_iv_ctrl=1761
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
piper_chuck

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:26 am

This report has useful information. I used it to extrapolate the costs to Chatham County and came up with a conservative estimate that illegal aliens cost more then $5 million to our one county.
Back to top Go down
randy

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Agree, excellent information with "facts" were on the Fair sight
Back to top Go down
http://randysright.wordpress.com/
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: A teacher speaks out on Illegal Immigration!   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Good to see a post from Randy and Piper_Chuck here!

Check out the body of this email I got today that is making the rounds! I'll be sure to pass it on to many others!

What else needs to be said.......the government needs to wake up and take care of its own people first...especially in the VERY difficult times!

Spread the word....so it hits Obama!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The government is absolutely out of control. See below.

LETTER BY A FLORIDA TEACHER

When will the American People get fed up and do something, or is it too late...

Letter by a Florida teacher . .. . A teacher speaks

This is a subject close to my heart.. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get the PELL Grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover...

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing that they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or any other language because of immigration. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the wa y it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close. I don't care whether this offends someone or not but this is MY COUNTRY.. IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along I am not against immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like everyone else.. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM -Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone - YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is Time for America to speak up. If you agree -- pass this along, if you don't agree -- delete it!
Back to top Go down
randy

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Representative Atwater returned my call today. He spoke with me for about 10 minutes. Mr Atwater did admit that the BOC passing this ICE Resolution was somewhat of a bold movement by the Chatham County Commissioners. My Atwater also said he did see the WRAL and several other local news stations of the Chatham Conservative Voice Open Forum months back, where Commsoiner Lucier backed out 24 hrs prior to the meeting. Mr Atwater at first thought their was noting he could do regarding the passage of the ICE Resolution, but then I advised him of the 9 month study that was done by the BOC prior to passage of the Resolution with only input from outside special interests groups as the La Raza group, ACLU, Eu Pablo Group, but know actual citizen input. Mr Atwater advised me he was "not" aware of the 9 month study of the ICE Resolution by the BOC/HRC prior to it's passage. Mr Atwater has now shown interest in this 9 month study and has agreed to speak with the County Manager of Chatham County to see if the open meeting laws of the state was violated. Mr Atwater spent about 10 minutes speaking with me. I have admitted to the Representative that I do suffer from mild dementia but he would advise me personally if he finds any inappropriate conduct of the states open meeting laws and lack of citizens input on this issue.
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Hey that is great news! It sounds like you were instrumental in Mr. Atwater's taking a revisit to a very important issue.

"Mr. Atwater has now shown interest in this 9 month study and has agreed to speak with the County Manager of Chatham County to see if the open meeting laws of the state was violated."

As far as your mentioning the mild dementia, they have some great meds out there to help with that. It takes a strong person to admit that stuff so, I admire that you brought that out in one way and am concerned in another. It really isn't anyone's business what medical issues you have, and people that are truly sincere and caring typically don't care about that either, just like Mr. Atwater revealed to you, that he needs your help regardless of any condition you have! cheers

To me, it seems like you present a lot of solid information and are passionate about your country and community. Illegal immigrants are taking over and it has to stop!!!

I think there are many ways to obtain the goal of making the non- believer's (lefties) come to their senses, and taking the beating you are getting on the other site, isn't helping us get the message out. They will find out on their own soon enough, when the sh#@! hits the fan and Big Government gets removed or made smaller! Meanwhile, I have been enjoying posting to my hearts content with only support and no being judged negatively here on this site. I hope you will post more stuff here. I don't like going to the other place just to read your stuff (which is so good)! I was tempted to steal it and put it over here! Twisted Evil I wouldn't do that but wanted you to know! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
randy

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Just FYI, I believe I'm hurting the party and the CCV. I have deleted my acct becuase the negativity I'm creating on the BBS board. I will start using by blog soon. But the BBS I feel has done nothing to help my cause and beliefs and the liberal agenda is using me at this point. Better to just leave and focus my priorities elsewhere
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Their loss!

Some of them seem nice and were able to discuss the issues. We have to be able to agree to disagree but maintain respect for others opinions!

My Ma used to say "To each his own!"

I don't think you hurt your party. I think it got presented on the wrong site!!

So I hope I keep seeing your posts...hang in there! Don't give up ...we need you!
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:18 pm

How wonderful that Mr. Atwater actually took the time to call you. I email the pudding out of legislators in NC, as well as Congress, about illegal immigration. IF I get a reply, it is usually the canned answer about how important my opinion is and that they will consider it. A few have actually responded with an answer that they have actually read the email, rather than push "the canned answer" button.
And randy, I don't blame you for bailing out of blogs. I have been pointed to many and the majority of the discussion is name-calling and worse. No Thanks!
Glad you are here, and I like this site a lot, because I get ticked off about a lot of things, not only illegal immigration. (A friend got a wonderful present of a coffee mug with the Bill of Rights. Except when you pour in hot liquid, words and rights slowly disappear off the mug. The more I read, the more I believe that mug.) But I ain'ta gonna give up without protest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
randy

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Now just to get Representative Joe Hackney to return my call
Back to top Go down
randy

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm not giving up. I'm also calling the NC Justice Dt and requesting a investigation in the violation of the open meetings law 919 715 3036. All I can do is keep trying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What better place to start than with the numbers?   What better place to start than with the numbers? Empty

Back to top Go down

What better place to start than with the numbers?
Page 1 of 1