NC TEA Townhall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new perspective: Here's what the speakers saw addressing the crowd!
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 3)
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 2)
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:54 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 1)
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am by Damocles

» NC Joblessness fell to 11 percent from 11.1 percent in May
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm by Thunder

» Military refuses to fight for illegal President, case wins in court - orders to deploy revoked!
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:17 pm by Thunder

» Critical Numbers in the Health Care Debate
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 am by Damocles

» Organizational Chart of the House Democrat's Health Plan
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm by lyniebell

» ALERT! Need to support 4 amendments to DHS funding bill
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am by lyniebell

» The National Debt Road Trip
Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am by lyniebell

Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

Let's talk about LEGAL immigration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

Let's talk about LEGAL immigration Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:20 pm

When considering the effects of legal immigration on our nation, the following video presentation from 2006 will be helpful in understanding where we are headed under current immigration policy. Please keep in mind that the statistics cited in the video DO NOT take into consideration the burgeoning influx of illegal aliens. I repeat: The video DOES NOT include statistics on ILLEGAL immigration!

Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:26 pm

I worry about how much more population pressure this country can take. We are getting legals coming with everything from refugee status, visitor visas that never leave, foreign workers under H1B and H2B visas and corporations are pressuring Congress not to have any caps on those coming in. If I remember correctly there are 23 different visa categories. That amounts to about million per year. They send remittances home.
Throw in the untold millions of illegals who come here (I think the number is well over 20 million rather than the 11-12 million that has been quoted for years) for "a better life" and have a passel of anchor babies that are "supposedly" American citizens (which, IMO, is a serious misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment). They send remittances home (the second largest income producer for Mexico after petroleum.) Homes and apartments are overcrowded to dangerous levels, people are living in garages, etc.
Our infrastructure is crumbling (roads, bridges) or being outsourced to foreign companies to manage by long-term leases or outright sale. Hospitals and schools are going bankrupt (one Detroit school was asking parents to send lightbulbs and toilet paper and there have been a few southern border hospitals that have had to close). The Southwest and Florida are in severe drought (Florida's is the worst since 1932).
And with the current economy, there should not be any competition for American jobs from abroad. We need to stop any sort of immigration until we have a certain method to figure out who is here and make sure those with or without visas (the former needs to exit when visa is up, and the latter need not be here in the first place.)
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:33 am

I wonder how many people (aside from the applicants of course) even know this program exists? Of course I'm talking about the Visa lottery, aka the Diversity Immigration Lottery. I thought I'd mention it because it wasn't listed in the previous post on legal immigration. The mechanics of the lottery are simple. Anyone interested in migrating permanently to the U.S. from participating countries can put their name on the list. It's sort of like Immigration Lotto, with the computer picking random numbers. Once the winners pass minimal qualifications they are ushered off to live in America, and once they attain unconditional permanent residency they can begin to apply to bring their family members to join them through a process know as chain migration. We invite 55,000 per year here in this luck-o-the-draw manner, and build outward on that as the chain migration ensues for each lucky Immigration Lotto winner!

Think I'm kidding about this? Do the research, and you can start here:
http://americanlaw.com/lottery.html

Now do a little rudimentary math. Over 10 years we randomly select 550,000 immigrants irrespective of job skills, general aptitude, or educational background. That's over half-a-million people legalized and legitimized simply for the sake of being generous. That also by the way, did not reflect the additional family members they begin to bring in about 5 years after they first arrive here.
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm

I have never heard of the Visa Lottery before now.

What a whacky program!

Eligible Countries

The list of eligible countries may change each year. For the DV-2010 lottery, the following countries are considered "high admission" countries and are therefore not eligible:

BRAZIL;
CANADA;
CHINA (Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible);
COLOMBIA;
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC;
ECUADOR;
EL SALVADOR;
GUATEMALA;
HAITI;
INDIA;
JAMAICA;
MEXICO;
PAKISTAN;
PHILIPPINES;
PERU;
POLAND;
SOUTH KOREA;
UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories; and
VIETNAM;

Persons born in any of the above countries are not eligible. However, persons born in other countries who subsequently obtained citizenship in one of the above countries are still eligible.

So if your born in Russia, go to Mexico and get citizenship, then you could be eligible. But, you have to have a high school education also. They have some good rules applying to this lottery, but I have to agree that it should all be suspended until America gets it people back to work first.

We need to take care of our own before taking care of others.

I sent out the video above to everyone I know. It shows how we are headed for trouble with immigration and I would like to know what the allowable numbers of immigrants were in 1965. I will go looking for that info.

Here is what I found: Prior to 1965 this is what was in effect:

The Immigration Act of 1924, or Johnson-Reed Act, including the National Origins Act, Asian Exclusion Act, (43 Statutes-at-Large 153) was a United States federal law that limited the number of immigrants who could be admitted from any country to 2% of the number of people from that country who were already living in the United States in 1890, according to the Census of 1890. It excluded immigration of Asians. It superseded the 1921 Emergency Quota Act. The law was aimed at further restricting the Southern and Eastern Europeans who were immigrating in large numbers starting in the 1890s, as well as prohibiting the immigration of East Asians and Asian Indians.

So we would need to know the # of people from each country that is already living in the US and only allow 2% of each number that were living in the US from (give a date, 1980?? I'm just playing)to enter from now on.

Link: http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+was+the+allowable+amount+of+immigrants+into+the+US+in+1965%3F&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FImmigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965

Wouldn't that be nice?
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

IMO, we don't need to be having lotteries, or any other type of entry into this country, UNTIL we can figure out who is here! There are too many souls who do not belong here that have taken advantage of this country for their own benefit, and for the benefit of their country. I cannot express my anger in civil words these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about LEGAL immigration   Let's talk about LEGAL immigration Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about LEGAL immigration
Page 1 of 1