NC TEA Townhall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new perspective: Here's what the speakers saw addressing the crowd!
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 3)
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 2)
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:54 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 1)
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am by Damocles

» NC Joblessness fell to 11 percent from 11.1 percent in May
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm by Thunder

» Military refuses to fight for illegal President, case wins in court - orders to deploy revoked!
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:17 pm by Thunder

» Critical Numbers in the Health Care Debate
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 am by Damocles

» Organizational Chart of the House Democrat's Health Plan
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm by lyniebell

» ALERT! Need to support 4 amendments to DHS funding bill
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am by lyniebell

» The National Debt Road Trip
At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am by lyniebell

Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics Empty
PostSubject: At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics   At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:48 pm

At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics

By Roy Beck, Updated Friday, May 8, 2009, 6:30 AM

The intellectual bankruptcy and juvenile morality of trendy open-borders clergy is on an embarrassing public display during events marking the first anniversary of ICE raids of the Postville, Iowa kosher meatpacking plant.

Many of these are the same clergy who remained silent for years as the meatpacking plant physically endangered its workers and violated child laborers.

Like silent witnesses to pedophilia, these clergy were voiceless for years while the meat packer workers -- especially children -- were chewed up by an immoral corporation. Now these clergy have the shameless audacity to blame immigration laws for the collapse of the business and the misery of the workers.

Lutheran, Catholic and United Methodist leaders say the lesson of Postville is that Congress should provide an amnesty to 12-20 million illegal foreign workers and dependents. In effect, they seem to want to make sure that unemployed U.S. workers don't get a crack at the estimated 8.3 million jobs the illegal workers currently hold.

IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE 'FOOLISH,' SAY CLERICS

The open-borders religious leaders say enforcement of immigration laws is "foolish."

Immigration raids are foolish. They traumatize families and
children. They break families apart. We need a policy that treats
people with dignity and justice.

-- Rev. Steven P. Brackett, pastor of St. Paul Lutheran Church, Postville

That means immigration laws are foolish. By extension, I suppose these religious leaders believe it to be foolish to protect vulnerable U.S. workers from the free movement of tens of millions of foreign workers who would surely move to the U.S. and bid down wages and working conditions if the clerics got their wish of open immigration.

For a year, open-borders clerics around the country have used the Postville Raid as a pulpit to proclaim that illegal workers only do jobs that Americans won't do.

In the case of the Postville Kosher plant, that almost is true.

The Kosher management treated its workers so badly in terms of pay, working conditions, safety and benefits, that it would have been difficult to find U.S. citizens who would have put up with the job.

IMMIGRATION VIOLATIONS AREN'T WHAT COLLAPSED THE CORPORATION

In fact, it was the company's violation of safety, wage and child labor laws -- as well as potentially criminal fiscal management -- that led to the company shutting down, spreading economic hardship over the entire community.

Open-borders advocates constantly claim that it was the immigration raid that caused the shutdown. But that is not true. The company -- after improving the compensation package -- was actually able to quickly find legal workers and ship them into town after ICE removed all the illegal foreign workers.

I told newspaper reporters Thursday that even if there had been no immigration enforcement at all, the Kosher plant would have been in big trouble based only on safety, wage and child labor violations. We constantly hear politicians who oppose immigration enforcement say they want to see aggressive safety and wage enforcement. So do I. And if you get that kind of enforcement, you will see lots of businesses that hire illegal aliens in big trouble, because most of them break all kinds of laws other than immigration.

POSTVILLE PAIN WOULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY EARLIER ENFORCEMENT

I was asked if I feel sorry for the community around Postville based on the economic suffering of losing its biggest employer. My answer is yes. But I note that the clerics preaching against law enforcement seem to be suggesting that we should allow corporations to continue to mistreat their workers because making them follow the law might cause collateral economic pain.

I ask the archbishops and bishops: Should we stop enforcing child labor laws because some community has become dependent on a plant that abuses child workers?

The problem for Postville is not that immigration and labor laws were enforced but that they were enforced too late.

If the Bush Administration had been serious about safety, labor and immigration enforcement earlier, conditions would not have gotten nearly so bad. Adjustments could have been made without the corporation collapsing. But by the time the feds got involved, the Kosher management had so corrupted the whole operation there really wasn't anything left to save. The business was rancid.

LET THE CLERGY EXPLAIN THEIR COMPLICITY IN LABOR ATROCITIES

I have another question for all the preachers, priests, nuns and religious social workers who are so eager for their moments of fame in the national press by declaring it immoral to arrest workers who illegally enter the country and take jobs from U.S. citizens:

How do you explain your silence over the last several years about the incredible mistreatment of workers -- including children -- at the Postville plant? Especially those of you who lived in the community. How were you able to just turn away from the grievous behavior of the employers? Why didn't you report the criminal activities to the government?

There is no way in a small community that you could have been unaware of what was going on. How do you justify your complicity with the sinful practices of the managers of that plant?

READERS, HELP YOUR OWN RELIGIOUS LEADERS

The callous immorality of open-borders theology is beginning to infect local pastors.

I request all of you readers to make sure your own pastor is aware of the solid morality of immigration laws in preventing powerful economic interests from mistreating the most vulnerable members of our community.

Your pastors are constantly propagandized by denominational publications and leaders who suggest that immigration laws are immoral because they don't follow the Scripture's commandment to not mistreat the stranger. You don't have to convince your pastor that our position is right as much as you need to convince that the issue is more complex than stating that every stranger should be given amnesty, a job and citizenship.

You should also let your pastors know that millions of dollars have been donated by foundations to organizations to help persuade denominations to endorse amnesty and to side against unemployed U.S. workers in favor of illegal foreign workers getting jobs.

Please don't be combative with your pastor. Share your concerns sincerely and calmly. I have been around clergy all of my life -- and I talked with hundreds of them during my days reporting on religion. I can attest that most clergy are sincere compassionate people who would never deliberately show a hardened heart to the families in their community that are suffering from unemployment or the threat of joblessness. But they need to understand that illegal immigration is not a victimless crime. Millions of U.S. citizens are out of work today because 8.3 million illegal foreign workers are allowed to hold their jobs.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA
Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.

You can read the comments left on this article, or leave a comment yourself at:

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/may-7-2009/at-postville-raid-anniversary-religious-leaders-make-mockery-their-faith-e
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
March Mellow

At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics   At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm

IMO, there are rumors out there that there should be a division between church and state, but more and more issues of the state and its systems are coming under assault from church leaders. Many from the pulpit are advising parishioners how to vote, our educational system is criticized for not teaching more faith-based beliefs (and it doesn't matter what religion the kids are), some clearly thumb their nose at laws of the land by harboring illegal aliens (aiding and abetting).
Religious leaders have the duty to teach people the word of God and morals, and from that we should be able to live in a society governed by laws. It is not their duty to try to overturn laws on our books to support their political beliefs, backed up by their interpretation of the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

PostSubject: Re: At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics   At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:13 pm

March, Where did the foundation of our political system come from? I mean originally?

I was led to believe that Judeao-Christian principles forged the foundations of American government. If that is in fact true, then how can we ever hope to definitively draw a line of separation between the two without altering irrevocably the moral compass of our governance and thus the strength and substance that has fared us so well for over two hundred years? Maybe I misinterpreted what you wrote?

On the subject of pastors telling people how to vote from the pulpit, I agree that is not the purpose of the ministry and those who do so run the very real risk of losing their tax-exempt status as a church.

On the other hand, telling people what the results of poor governance will ultimately lead to based on Biblical teaching is exactly what ministers should be doing. For a Christian, man's law is to be obeyed until it conflicts with God's Law. Moral teachings of the Holy Scriptures are held sacrosanct by the true believer, and when in conflict with the law of man there should really be no confusion in a Christian's heart which to follow. Of course there are conflicting interpretations of exactly what the Scriptures mean and that confusion complicates the issue profoundly. Very often that "confusion" is used to leverage a totally wrong response on the part of the believer. I believe that function evolved from the first satanic act in the Garden of Eden and it is being refined with every passing day by those determined to delay, defile, and destroy.

The provision of sanctuary for illegals is but one of the more difficult conflicting interpretations to discern, and to reach the proper conclusion requires study of more than a few verses of Biblical teaching. There are ultimately always going to be differing views on that or any other issue, but the important thing to remember is 1) that God knows, and 2) that the hearts of those at the center of the debate know their own motives. In the final analysis it comes down to a matter between them and God. We are really just spectators in the overall scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics   At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Quote :
On the other hand, telling people what the results of poor governance will ultimately lead to based on Biblical teaching is exactly what ministers should be doing.
I do have to say "yes, but..." with that statement. I think it is a clergyman's job to instill the wisdom of the Bible and that should be delivered to give people the right way to think. People will reflect on what is most important to them, and will make the correct decision according to lessons taught in the Holy book.
Our foundation of political system was based on the tenets of Christianity, not the tenets of politics that may or may not enhance Christian beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics   At Postville Raid Anniversary, Religious Leaders Make Mockery of Their Faith & Ethics Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1