NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

Share | 

H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damocles
Admin

PostSubject: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sat May 09, 2009 12:39 pm

H.R. 645 seeks to establish no less than 6 national "emergency response" centers on closed or operational military bases within the U.S. at a cost of $360M over two years (2009 and 2010).

Quote :
EMERGENCY- The term `emergency' has the meaning given such term in section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122).

The Robert T. Stafford Act defines "emergency" as:

Quote :
SEC. 102. As used in this Act—
(1) EMERGENCY.—‘‘Emergency’’ means any occasion or instance
for which, in the determination of the President, Federal
assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts
and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public
health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe
in any part of the United States.

Of course the following caveat is also a part of H.R. 645:

Quote :
Purpose:
(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Conduct your own analysis of the Bill by reading the full text of the Bill here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.645:
Back to top Go down
http://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I think it is a good idea to put closed military bases to use in an emergency like Katrina. That emergency was totally mishandled leaving people homeless, while FEMA trailers sank into the mud in Arkansas because of PERMITTING problems!
The thing that bothers me about this is that the Secy. of the DOD will turn over all control to the Secy. of DHS, and be used for whatever the Secy. of DHS decides is appropriate. I am no fan of Napolitano and don't trust her. I believe this should include that DHS should have to get congressional approval to get through a new use other than those stated in the bill. There have to be checks and balances here.
Bloggers have been going wild with theories that rather than providing safe shelter, this bill allows DHS to start using these sites as concentration camps, incarcerating Americans for political reasons. I doubt if we are there yet, but this bill needs some tightening.
Back to top Go down
Sharon Peterson

PostSubject: FEMA   Sun May 10, 2009 2:58 am

There is a long history in the formation of these camps for use in emergencies. It is posted on the web for those of you who want to know how many are already established, how many people these will hold, and how many are in each state. I suggest you check out the site. It's http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps1.htm It is scary to know that there are so many and that if the President decides it's an emergency Congress can't reveiw his decision for at least 6 months. These could be CONCENTRATION CAMPS. These are also on unaccesable parts of military bases still in use. One in Alaska is termed as a Mental Hospital. A few of these already house prisoners. They all have fences with barbed wire, and the razor wire is turned so that those inside can't escape. Some of these were used as former prisoner of war camps during WWII.

Soldiers are already being trained in Georgia, on how to control crowds and demonstrators, how to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens, and are being asked if they were ordered, if they would fire on or arrest American citizens. There has been a site established for Oath Keepers for all uniformed personnel, police and military to remind them that they took an oath to defend the Constitution, and not a particular political party, idea, or president.

If you think it can't happen look again at Katrina and how the National Guard went through every house searching for guns and confiscating all that they found. Look at how Congress is trying very hard to pass legislation taking our guns, and look at how there isn't ammunition to be bought. Brass that was once used by our ammo manufactures, is now being sent to China. Ammo isn't disappearing because it's all being bought, it's because there is a shortage of ammo.
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sun May 10, 2009 10:58 am

It's true that our government declared some time ago that all expended military brass had to be shredded before it could be sold as scrap metal, but that order was rescinded shortly after it was issued because of intervention by a couple of U.S. Senators (see link below).

Here is a report on the situation:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/g/georgiaarmsammo.htm

Link to the Baucus/Tester letter:
http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/DLA.MilitaryBrass.pdf

Actually, there is in fact an ammo shortage, but most of it is attributable to hoarding. The hoarding is a result of fear that ammo will be the focus of attack by the current Administration in an effort to diminish rights granted us by the 2nd Amendment. That Amendment, after all only gives us the right to "keep and bear arms", not the ammunition that makes them effective deterrents, right?

Now while that might be one approach to crippling the 2nd Amendment, until this Administration gets the Supreme Court stacked against the rights of the people, it will not be an effective assault on 2nd Amendment rights. IMHO it would fly in the face of logic to presume that the "intent" of the 2nd Amendment was to provide arms for the common man, but not the components that make them work. I think a majority of the current assembly of Supremes would have to come down on the same side of the debate.

What we should be more worried about in this particular instance is those pesky Presidential Directives George Bush left behind, NSPD 51, and HSPD 20, as well as possible "false flag" incidents that could generate their (directives) activation and implementation. Once implemented, the President would have ultimate authority over the nation, including dissolving Congress and neutering the Constitution, 2nd Amendment inclusive. To be clear here, I'm not saying that IS going to happen, I'm saying the existence and wording of these Presidential Directives provides for the possibility of such an event to occur.

Getting back to the ammo shortage, let me add that all my sources insist that the munitions manufacturing facilities are all running flat out trying to keep up with demand for their products. Many are running three shifts per day, seven days per week in an effort to keep up, and it still isn't enough. Discount outlets for ammo cannot keep it in stock, and back-orders are pushed out some places up to four (4) months on orders for most calibers, especially military. Of course the higher end retail stores are providing ample supplies if you care to pay the inflated prices there. Eventually though, even that supply will be bought up as word of the shortage circulates among the less informed gun owners (and potential owners) typically outside hobbyist, hunting,law enforcement, and survivalist circles.

Most reports indicate an increase in price exceeding 30% over the last year. Expect that to increase as demand continues to outstrip supply.
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Didn't Obama put all presidential directives Bush left him on hold until he and his staff could figure out what was going on? No wonder he was starting to get gray hair after his first week in office.
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Quote :
Didn't Obama put all presidential directives Bush left him on hold until he and his staff could figure out what was going on?

You're kidding yourself if you believe that. Don't forget that Obama was a U.S. Senator before he was President and he knew exactly what was going on, unless of course he wasn't doing his job as a Senator! The Senate is the most influential political body inside the beltway, with the possible exception of the lobbyist consortium.
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sun May 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Obama was never a member of any Senate committee which had oversight of the military or the DHS. Communication with Congress on matters like this is usually on a need-to-know basis, especially with the previous administration, described as one of the most secretive in American history.
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Sun May 10, 2009 10:55 pm

I was referring to the Presidential Directives HSPD 51 and NSPD 20. Our new President couldn't have not known about them, they were on the public radar almost immediately thanks to Capitol Hill watchdogs like Corsi and Farrah.

As for Obama knowing about the shredding of surplus scrap brass, he likely did not know, as that matter was supposedly being handled independent of Congressional or Executive oversight as a logistics matter. Congress only got involved because two Senators were getting pressure from their constituency to look into it and take immediate action. They did so before the whole thing exploded in the Obama Administrations face like a "Bouncing Betty".

Now was there a deeper conspiracy behind the move to shred and ship abroad? Who can say? Certainly not you or me.
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Mon May 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Well I am suspicious as all get out! How can one look at these things/facts and not draw conclusions that there is a bigger plan in place and it seems like the Constitution is in danger of being re-written or something?

Mandatory national service - is this really to help with hurricane disasters? What other kind of disaster such as terrorist attack? Then what about the National Guard force? What will they be doing?

Set up camps using old military bases? With barbed wire?

Saying we are sold out of ammo - is that for real, or part of the media working with Obama's admin? Why are people hoarding ammo? Is that because people are in fact paying more attention and getting ready for.....what? The great take over? Another holocaust?

Make it illegal to grow our own food in gardens: http://bluelori.blogspot.com/2009/04/banning-gardens-monsanto-population.html - This is so crazy! How would they ever keep track of who is growing tomatoes’?

The whole economy stock exchange fiasco is a farce. It is all fake money anyways! Should they reinstate the gold and silver standards?

Shouldn't the Federal Reserve be abolished? Do people realize that Five US Presidents who sought to abolish the private-owned Federal Reserve Bank were assassinated or : 1) Andrew Jackson (Survived); 2) Abraham Lincoln; 3) James Garfield; 4) William McKinley; 5) John Kennedy.

Crazy off the wall Government deficiet spending! Exposing the U.S. to potential bankruptcy and all the consequences!

Land take over’s by Government under the guise of new energy and economic options? Check out the "Land Grab" for Chatham County under this link for just one example: http://www.tccv.org/content/view/44/34/

Apologizing to other countries for U.S. arrogance? Give me a break!!

No wonder people are talking conspiracy theory! Maybe it is just change that some can believe in, but I don't like it one bit.
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Mon May 11, 2009 2:19 pm

I have to say that calling these kind of refurbished closed military bases "concentration camps" is a little beyond rational. In WWII, there were plenty of old prison camps where Germans held Russian soldiers, and at the end of hostilities (without remodeling) they were used for refugees from all over Europe. My close relative, whose family was well-off, lost everything when the Russians marched in one June: money was immediately worthless (no matter how much one had, everyone got 10 Russian rubles; their town home was bombed and their country home was burned, along with the acres of berries and orchards. The farm animals were put on trains, along with crops and sent to Russia, and empty trains coming back from Russia had big signs: milk for starving Estonians. They had no home and only summer clothes. They were never political prisoners--they were just provided a roof over their heads, and while there was barbed wire all over the place, people came and went as they pleased. They were grateful about having a roof, and it had plenty of holes, rather than having to sleep on the street amidst bombed-out buildings. They were not "political prisoners", they were refugees.
When you look at the victims of Katrina, they sat in humidity and broiling sun without water, hoping to be rescued. A guy a recently talked to here, working for the gas company, got his young family out and into the Super Dome. They sat for days and then ended up in Houston. After the hurricane, there were days of desperation for these people, and I don't think they would have minded one bit to go somewhere for shelter and food.
My point is that, while a good conspiracy theory is always fun, some of the stuff going around on blogs gets a little wild. After all, I can claim that so-and-so wets their bed, hit enough blogs and websites making that charge, and someone will take me seriously and pass on the rumor, even if I have no basis for my claim.
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Mon May 11, 2009 2:39 pm

That's a really good point, March Mellow. I am grateful to you for reminding me how easily rumors and untruths can be started, and that these camps could be used for refugee needs. How horrible it must have been for people to have their home life destroyed like that. I remember seeing on the news the Katrina survivor's desperation at the dome and how they had to stay there for days.

If these camps are to be used for rescue purposes, then of course I am most supportive of that. I am still suspicious, but by reading the comments on the blogs, and keeping the open mind, I can hope the best intentions are meant.
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm

While I am sometimes the max pessimist, I prefer to be optimistic about these refurbed bases. Americans help Americans whenever we can, as well as the rest of the world (but we don't need the rest of the world within our borders).
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Thu May 28, 2009 4:57 pm

With the rate of the population growing due to immigrants coming in, maybe we'll be needing a camp to hid in. Good grief...check out this link:

http://www.immigrationcounters.com/
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   Thu May 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Great find, lyniebell! Shocked
I have bookmarked the site so when I really want to get depressed and angry, I will go there. This is a reality we all must face, no matter what our politicos or media pundits tell us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act   

Back to top Go down

H.R. 645 National Emergency Centers Establishment Act
Page 1 of 1