NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

Share | 

Illegal immigration bill fight has just begun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thunder

PostSubject: Illegal immigration bill fight has just begun   Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm

After 4 Senate Victories, How Do We Protect Them From Backroom Death?

By Roy Beck, Friday, July 10, 2009, 12:07 PM

This blog is being written and updated at this time. Come back later for the completed blog.

What a week!

Before we talk about what we need to do next to move these Senate victories into law, you may want to review what really was going on this week.

Most of you are shocked by the Senate's passage of 4 strong immigration enforcement amendments that would open up hundreds of thousands of jobs to unemployed Americans over the next year alone.

Rightfully, many of you are skeptical. You are asking us: Did the Senate Democratic Leadership -- that has opposed everything that favors unemployed Americans over illegal aliens -- suddenly "allow" us to win as a kind of trap? What's the trick?

First, as I'll explain later, you really do need to take a minute to celebrate. Even though I agree that there is something of a trap being set, your pressure has caused the Democratic leadership to retreat a bit and set up its defenses in a more vulnerable place.

But, based on our information from inside Congress, we should expect that Senate Leader Reid, House Speaker Pelosi and Pres. Obama have every intention of killing these amendments in a backroom maneuver when the joint Conference Committee negotiates the final bill to be sent to the President.

'WE CAN'T OPPOSE ENFORCEMENT IN PUBLIC -- WE'LL RIP IT OUT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS'

Basic message to Pres. Obama is that "I expect you to instruct your staff to refrain from gutting immigration enforcement during the Conference Committee process on the DHS appropriations bill. . ... In March, your people conspired with Speaker Pelosi and Leader Reid to kill the House E-Verify provisions. And you did it behind closed doors, without explanation. That isn't going to work again this time. The nation's eyes will be on whether you condemn hundreds of thousands of unemployed Americans to joblessness because you overturn the Senate's enforcement amendments this week which will be opening up hundreds of thousands of jobs otherwise held by illegal aliens."

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/beckr/july-10-2009/after-4-senate-victories-how-do-we-protect-them-backroom-death.html
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: Illegal immigration bill fight has just begun   Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Great post! I sure hope they don't crush it all on us Americans! I saw on Fox News last night that Big O's popularity is beginning to slip under the 50% approval rating in Ohio. It won't be long I hope and America will wake up and see the crap going on in the Big O's admin.
Back to top Go down

Illegal immigration bill fight has just begun
Page 1 of 1