NC TEA Townhall Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NC TEA Townhall Forum

Discussion zone, meeting place, research assistant, and planning HQ for those who have decided Enough is Enough!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Although this site is active, all posting has been deactivated. Pages are now REFERENCE ONLY.
Be sure and check out the new images from the 9-12 DC Rally!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» A new perspective: Here's what the speakers saw addressing the crowd!
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 3)
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 2)
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:54 am by Damocles

» Images from DC 9-12-09 (page 1)
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am by Damocles

» NC Joblessness fell to 11 percent from 11.1 percent in May
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:16 pm by Thunder

» Military refuses to fight for illegal President, case wins in court - orders to deploy revoked!
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:17 pm by Thunder

» Critical Numbers in the Health Care Debate
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 am by Damocles

» Organizational Chart of the House Democrat's Health Plan
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm by lyniebell

» ALERT! Need to support 4 amendments to DHS funding bill
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am by lyniebell

» The National Debt Road Trip
How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 am by lyniebell

Affiliates

Statistics
We have 59 registered users
The newest registered user is barklang

Our users have posted a total of 748 messages in 345 subjects

How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lyniebell

lyniebell

How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! Empty
PostSubject: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:38 am

How is a new political party is developed? Meaning not Rep, or Dem, not left or right but just American??

Is such a party being developed and how does a person learn about it? I hear rumors that the Republican party is being revised.

But it's just rumors.

Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
EricX

How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:09 am

www.lp.org and www.lpnc.org -Libertarian Party
www.constitutionparty.com/ -Constitution Party
Everything else seems to be either more of the same (Dem & Repub) or anti-American (green, communist)
It seems more Republicans are leaving and joining either the Libertarian or Constitution parties, however, a good number of "Blue Dog" type Democrats are seeing the light as well.
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:03 am

I can't join either of these without committing to pay a certain amount of money. How sad is that?

Is there one somewhere where the poor can join?
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:28 pm

I will only join a third party if they are called either the Common Sense Party or the Reasonable Party.
I think I am irritated with all the parties existing because I refuse to be slapped with a label. I agree with Republicans on some things, and with Democrats on others. What I want to see from any legislator is that they consider the opinion of the American people (the legal ones), rather than the opinion of high priced lobbyists.
I am still wondering what the pudding we are doing with an electoral college. That may have applicable in the early days when a delegate had to gather all the votes from their area and gallop to the capitol for the final count of votes. Today we have nifty little gizmos called computers.
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:38 am

Right on March!

It's long since time we disposed of the electoral college and decided strictly by popular vote. Now the trick is to find a fool-proof way to actually tally that vote.
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Idon't forsee any chance of creating a 3rd party or even empowering a current alternate party without a massive uprising . No party will be allowed access to the media in the present 2 party corruption we have now . No access to debates or national maistream media . The only way I can see this changing is uprising , economic collapse or a 40 year grassroots effort starting locally . You start with the city council , county commissioners then state reps and senators and finally to the federal level . Term limits and districts that look like a recognizable geometric shape instead of what we have now .
Back to top Go down
March Mellow

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, Tim. I hate to say you are right, but there is really little chance. It is all an old system that is comfy--the elites are in charge and hate to give up their dominance. Voters groups and the media won't even ask questions of the candidates, if from a third party or not favored by elitists. (In one debate Ron Paul was almost asked no questions, and he made quite a fuss about it later.)
My tirade about the electoral college has been going on for years. The presidential election of 1888, where incumbent Grover Cleveland got the majority of popular vote, but lost the electoral vote to Benjamin Harrison. I have heard there were some shenanigans that the delegates did not necessarily carry out the instructions of their constituents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1888
Back to top Go down
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:37 am

I believe the bottom has not hit yet and something big is going to happen politically. I did find this article about removing the electoral vote. It is interesting, that someone was looking at removing electoral votes back in 2004. I am hopeful that America WAKES up! I have to admit, that I was in denial myself for the longest time and only recently began realizing that general media is not telling Americans a lot pertinent information. I realized this by reading the data on sites such as this one and digging for information. I think it's about getting the word out and convincing Americans of the truths that are not being told. Americans are conditioned to hear the truth in spoonfuls, i.e., little sound bites.

How can we get rid of the Electoral College?

Aug. 30, 2004
Q: What can we do to change the electoral college?

A: At the national level, not very much - my response on that appears below. But at the state level, we can get rid of the electoral college any time we want, or at least get rid of the bad parts about it. Actually, Maine and Nebraska already have.

The bad part of the electoral college is the winner-take-all aspect. In California, all 55 electoral votes go to whichever candidate wins the popular vote. Even if the other candidate comes in a close second, he gets zero electoral votes. Let's say the vote in California was 51% to 49%-in effect, the 49% get disenfranchised. In fact, it's worse than that, because everyone knows that California will go for Kerry, so neither Bush nor Kerry even bother to campaign in the state. Plenty of voters in Orange County (a conservative region) would love Bush to visit and solicit their votes - but what's the point? Anyone who lives in a state where the result is a sure thing for either the Democrat OR the Republican suffers the same status of being ignored during the presidential campaign.

But Maine and Nebraska have a solution. They split up their electoral votes - it's not winner-take-all. Each Congressional district elects one representative to the Electoral College based on the majority vote in that district. Then the final two "at-large" electors go to whomever wins the statewide majority. Usually it turns out to be unanimous anyway (they're both small states - 4 and 5 electoral votes, respectively) but they COULD be split 3-1 or 3-2.

Let's say that system were applied in California. Let's assume that every district in California voted in the majority for the party that's currently represented by their US Congressional Representative. There are 33 Democrats in California's US delegation and 20 Republicans. With the two "at-large" electors going Democrat also, that'd split the state 35 for Kerry and 20 for Bush. A lot less lopsided than 55-0, and a lot less disenfranchising. The district which includes Orange County, for example, would certainly go for Bush, and would get an Electoral vote that said so.

There is nothing in the Constitution about HOW each state assigns its Electoral vote - that's entirely up to each state. Hence any state can change their Electoral system without any Constitutional Amendment - just by a vote of the state legislature, or a statewide vote, or whatever that state's laws say they have to do. This is actually happening in Colorado right now - see the Aug. 30 edition of Newsweek, George F. Will's column at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5781897/site/newsweek/ for an article about it. Coloradoans will vote in November whether to count their nine Electoral votes in winner-take-all or via the Nebraska-Maine system. George Will is against implementing this system on the grounds that no candidate will ever go to Colorado since they know the vote will get split so it's not worth it. But if some big states started doing it, this ongoing question would be resolved permanently.

-- Jesse Gordon, Aug. 2004
Please send follow-up questions or responses to Questions@OnTheIssues.org

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=how+do+you+get+rid+of+the+electoral+vote&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontheissues.org%2FAskMe%2Felectoral_college.htm

Here's another good read too: http://www.ask.com/bar?q=how+do+you+get+rid+of+the+electoral+vote&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=9&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thepetitionsite.com%2F1%2Flet-the-voters-decide-get-rid-of-the-electoral-college-before-the-november-elections
Back to top Go down
Damocles
Admin
Damocles

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:17 am

I suspect even if the financial backing for funding a third party with any chance of winning manifested, the two currently entrenched parties would swiftly create some false-flag distraction to steal the new party's momentum. I'm sure some of you have noticed how quickly mainstream media manages to get diverted off-topic when negative news about either political party begins to reach critical mass!

I personally perceive all the bickering and mud-slinging between Republicans and Democrats to be a poor example of showmanship. This country, and all the collective wealth is divided up as plunder for the taking, and if any real bickering exists at all it's over who got the bigger piece!
Back to top Go down
https://ncteatownhall.forumotion.com
lyniebell

lyniebell

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:47 am

Check out this movement that someone else posted in a different thread. [mod edit]

http://www.thenational912coalition.net/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!   How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians! Empty

Back to top Go down

How is a new Political party developed, not left, or right, just American sick of fake greedy politicians!
Page 1 of 1